Welcome to Minors (Player Pitch)!
Officially for baseball age 7-10
Best for baseball age 8-9
Consider moving your child to Majors when they are baseball age 10
For Parents/ Guardians:
- The spring season starts mid-April, once the snow clears. You will hear from your coach around that time.
- Standard schedule is one practice/ game during the week and one practice/ game during the weekend. These days rotate.
- Your player will receive a hat and jersey from the league. Please provide a glove. Most kids in Minors have their own bat and helmet, however if this is not feasible for your family, please reach out to us for accommodations.
- Regular season ends early June and then the division moves into playoffs. Playoffs are double eliminations and end around mid-June.
- There is post-season play opportunities with a variety of programs (All Stars, Tournaments). Be on the look out for communication from the league if interested!
- Thank you for volunteering! There are many resources on www.LittleLeague.org as well as YouTube.
- Player Evaluations are typically done end of February/ early March. Draft will take place the same week. Interested volunteers (including head or assistant coaches) should register ahead of time online at www.GoffstownJrBaseball.com.
- When your team is formed and the season nears, it’s important to put together practice plans for each practice. Keep in mind, Little League is a developmental program. Be sure to structure each practice to include fundamentals – proper hitting, fielding, base running, etc. Try to structure your practices with little down time in order to keep the players’ attention. And, be sure to have fun and allow for plenty of water breaks.
- Familiarize yourself with the Little League Rulebook, which is available as a FREE app below:
Little League Rulebook